Next public online workshop runs: 4 – 29 APRIL 2016
This 4-week workshop introduces you to some of the key ways to promote and support personal learning in the workplace, as a Personal Learning Advisor.
It will help you understand how to work with managers to foster a culture of continuous learning as well help individuals become independent learners and take responsibility for (and ownership of) their own personal and professional learning.
The workshop agenda is as follows
- How to work with managers to develop a continuous learning mindset
- How to help individuals become independent learners and learn on the Web
- How to help individuals find relevant resources (content and people) for their personal and professional needs
- How to help individuals to create Individual Learning Plans and Learning Portfolios
About this workshop
- This is not a traditional course with scheduled classes and tests! It is a social experience hosted in a private Yammer group. Each week you are invited to work on a practical activity (around some readings from my Modern Workplace Learning book) and then share your thoughts and your work with the rest of the group.
- Nothing is compulsory, but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop. And of course, it is also helpful to comment on each others work as well as consider how their ideas might work within your own organisation.
- You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work.
“A valuable experience! Some excellent tips and advice over the past 4 weeks; and thanks to all the participants for sharing as I certainly have gained valuable learning from everyone’s input.”
“I started the workshop with some ideas of what I wanted to learn and how I was going to use what I learned, but your materials and the conversations have opened up my eyes (and imagination) to a broader potential.”
“A big thank you for hosting this workshop Jane and to all the participants who participated. I learned a lot from the activities and I am integrating what I learned into my work with nonprofit organizations. Modern Workplace Learning is such a simple way to convey the continuum of activities, mind sets, models and strategies that make up this work we are doing.”
- £99 –
- SIGN UP HERE and follow instructions below
- £149 – This is a special fee for signing up to the Supporting Everyday Workplace Learning 2: Team Learning workshop at the same time
- SIGN UP HERE and follow the instructions below
Instructions how to book one or more places
- Click on the SIGN UP HERE link above , and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- Select the number of participants, and click Update to generate the new payment amount.
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Pay with a debit or credit card in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the space provided.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Learning in the Modern Workplace
The role of the Personal Learning Advisor: supporting everyday workplace learning